Esquire, Social Media Editor
Esquire.co.uk is the country’s leading men’s lifestyle website, and an innovator in all areas of digital publishing.
As Social Media Editor, you will be responsible for the brand’s social media output and the continuous development of its social media strategy.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing the social media accounts for an editorial or commercial brand, and have a keen interest in and understanding of our key content areas, most importantly men’s style and luxury fashion.
- Define a brand-appropriate social media strategy with the Digital Editor to increase engagement, visibility, referral traffic and followers across all channels
- Use deep data analysis to provide regular reports and ensure Esquire’s social media strategy continually evolves
- Be aware of current and future trends in social and how they apply to Esquire
- Help Esquire content find its audience on social media while staying true to its editorial values and brand tone
- Establish Esquire on untapped or emerging social platforms where appropriate
- Ensure all staff members have relevant social media expertise
- Obsess over tech blogs, data, analytics and changing algorithms
- Oversee social coverage and conversation around live events appropriate to the brand, such as Esquire Townhouse
- You have a keen interest in menswear, luxury fashion, culture and lifestyle content, plus an awareness of viral news
- You are immersed in and passionate about the world of social media, and have proven experience of driving strong social engagement and referral traffic
- You understand the unique psychology of each social platform: who it's aimed at, who the super-users are and how Esquire can maximise its presence on each
- You have a firm understanding of the appropriate visuals, key words and tone required to drive engagement in all forms across each platform
- You are able to quickly respond to buzzing topics and relevant breaking news
- You are a highly organised, confident self-starter, full of big and bold ideas around social media
- Photoshop and video editing experience desirable
Click 'Apply' now.