HuffPostUK, Executive Editor - Audience
HuffPost is a global, premier media platform: a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content. HuffPost serves 200 million viewers on a monthly basis, consecutively reaching 1 billion monthly video views, ranking as the #1 publisher on Facebook in 2016, and spanning 17 editions around the world while using every available tool and platform, including augmented reality and immersive storytelling.
The HuffPost contributor platform hosts a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation, from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts, who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is part of Oath.
About the opportunity
HuffPost UK is seeking a senior editor to lead an audience team that will be absolutely critical to understanding our audiences and making sure our journalism is conceived for them, and reaching them.
You will oversee the editing of our home page, app, push notifications strategy, social media accounts and third party relationships. You should be the key influencer of what we commission - from what breaking news we cover to what investigations we undertake and how we curate them.
You will be brimming with ideas for the punchiest headlines, most clickable and trusted app alerts and what makes a thoughtful curated social media account.
Working very closely with the Head of News and Executive Editors, you will present a vision for the future of our formats – when we use video, what multimedia story telling should look like, and which platforms we should be experimenting with.
Keen to present ideas across the newsroom, the audience editor will be responsible for communicating best practice in the way stories are sold, scheduled and posted.
You will lead a talented team of five skilled at reach and engagement and data analysis, but you will bring with you a vision for deepening the loyalty of our audience.
- Running a growing audience team to best curate HuffPostUK journalism.
- Devising and enacting the audience strategy which sets out how we curate our journalism to maximise impact and audience. That strategy should focus on: loyalty, engagement and reach, and using data to inform everything we do.
- Liaising with all other parts of HuffPost – from news desk, to life and ents, to audience research and product to ensure we are constantly innovating.
- Develop a consistent, insights-driven posting strategy across all platforms and content teams
- Ensure all our journalism carries a tone which plays to HuffPost’s brand, distinguishes us in the market and is sold in the most impactful way
- Ensure our accounts are fun, factual, entertaining and programmed to the highest standards
- Use data to communicate best practice across the newsroom to grow our social presence
- Ensure pages are scheduled to the highest standards with the right content at the right times
- Experimentation with emerging social platforms to help identify future success and growth
- You will also be responsible for liaising with our commercial teams on how we promote branded content across our channels.
We are looking for someone who...
- Ideally has 8 year’s experience working in a fast-paced national newsroom including at least three in a digital environment
- Experience of running multiple platforms
- Sophisticated understanding of how to use data to inform journalism
- An obsessive follower of current events, politics, international news and popular culture
- Can demonstrate gravitas by being able to hold their own with editors and senior staffers
- Has exceptional communication skills and be able to guide and influence a team of journalists
- Proven track record of developing teams and recruiting talent
Click 'Apply' now.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category
Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.