HSJ are part of Wilmington Healthcare. Wilmington Healthcare is an unrivalled, single healthcare data, education and information resource with outstanding analytics capabilities.
We provide our clients with market leading insight into local health economies, complemented by increased access to senior health stakeholders and the wider NHS which results in effective and actionable insights.
Wilmington Healthcare also comprises Wellards, Binley’s and NHiS.
Are you an experienced Journalist, Reporter or Correspondent who would like to work for one of the most respected titles on public services and public policy?
Do you have exceptional analytical thinking ability with a strong news sense, excellent writing style, and the ability to understand complex issues?
HSJ is looking for 2 Correspondents to be part of their award winning and fast-growing team.
Here at HSJ we provide a deep understanding of the NHS through a wide range of services and solutions - news, analysis, insight, data, live networking events and our unique best practice database.
Have you got what it takes to deliver exclusives and investigations that set the agenda and beat the nationals on one of the most high-profile areas of UK public policy?
This role will suit those with substantial experience in journalism - ideally, covering health for a respected regional, national or specialist title/website.
A background and expertise in research and analysis - particularly in the sphere of health policy, performance and operation, will also be considered so long as you can demonstrate outstanding potential to make an impact at HSJ.
In this Journalist/Correspondent role you will contribute to our nationally leading news coverage of health policy, performance, care quality successes and failures, and how the NHS is facing up to major change with funding at historically low levels.
You will also contribute to HSJ Intelligence, our award-winning service that provides detailed insight into the challenges facing NHS organisations at a local level, and to HSJ's events.
Duties of the role:
- Sourcing, investigating and writing exclusive news stories
- Building relationships with senior people, to establish a wide array of contacts across the health service
- Building deep expertise in one or more areas of health policy, performance and operation, and how these affect the NHS’s relationships with those who work with it, as well as patients who rely on it
- Analysing the biggest issues and challenges facing the health service and individual organisations
Skills and Experience Required
You will need:
- Relevant experience within a journalism role or similar
- The ability to communicate your expert knowledge through public speaking and video, as well as in your writing
- Be experienced in routinely using data to inform your analysis and illustrate your work; including use of financial information
- Have the ability to think analytically and to make judgements about complex issues of health policy, management and performance
- Understand complex NHS reports and structures
- Reporting qualifications, such as good shorthand and NCTJ certificates, are a plus but not essential.
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies.
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
Click 'Apply' now.