Food Critic / Writer, Newsday - NY
Our FeedMe team is expanding - we have an opening for a food and restaurants critic / reporter to add to our coverage of Long Island's dining scene across digital, print and social platforms.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience reviewing and writing about restaurants and food trends for a major publication or web site and will have knowledge of a wide range of cuisines and dining styles.
We need a savvy candidate who specializes in multi-platform storytelling—covering venue openings/closings, engaging readers on social media, tracking trending national food stories, conceptualizing content that play well across all platforms, and aggregating hundreds of past reviews into restaurant roundups that are the bread and butter of our coverage.
This person would contribute food-related stories, features and restaurant reviews for our daily coverage and seasonal products, including our quarterly Feed Me magazine.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Strong knowledge of the food and beverage industry and be able to discuss and write about food presentation, service experience and food flavor in an engaging and informative way.
- Be proficient shooting iPhone photos and videos.
- Be comfortable making appearances on local television and on all video platforms.
- Have strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task while working on multiple assignments.
- Be flexible with scheduling—some night and weekend assignments are required.
- Work well as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of Long Island restaurants is a plus.
- This job requires a valid driver’s license and car.
- Ability to drive to assigned locations throughout Long Island.
- Must not have any food restrictions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Food Critic / Writer, Newsday - NY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly