Closer Online, Digital Writer
4 days left
- Full Time
Bauer Xcel Lifestyle team is looking for an enthusiastic multimedia journalist to join Closer online.
The right candidate will have a passion for creating content across all platforms, from coming up with viral video ideas to inventive uses of Instagram stories, as well as proven ability as a writer.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is constantly brimming with ideas (from current affairs, politics and celebrity, entertainment and culture, to fashion and beauty) and can help us best leverage search, social media and content partnerships to reach and engage with our audiences across both brands.
- Pitch and create engaging and original online news stories for the Closer audience on a day-to-day basis across all channels
- Work closely with the digital leads for both brands and audience development team to develop longer form ideas that work form a search, brand and social perspective
- Obsessively track viral trends and stories on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr and create content around those trends
- Create social media franchises to help push our content pillars including news, entertainment, lifestyle and celebrity
- Come up with engaging video ideas (i.e. hub, hero and hygiene content) and help execute where appropriate.
- Track performance of content through content analytics and identify new ways of reaching new audience and engaging with existing audience
- Relevant experience of at least one year at a digital title – preference for an entertainment title
- Enthusiastic knowledge of Closer with a keen interest in lifestyle, current affairs, entertainment, celebrities, fashion and beauty and how to produce compelling content around these areas that speaks distinctively to the Closer audiences.
- Deep understanding of the Closer audiences and what makes them tick, respectively.
- Enthusiastic in learning new ways of working, including new tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation and how to apply this create new content that’s both fully optimised for search and tonally spot on for each brand.
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms including Instagram Stories, Instagram Live, Facebook Live and Twitter
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Enthusiastic in creating and editing video content
- A strong visual eye and ability to select pictures that are in keeping with the brand’s identity.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your CV and Cover Letter to Ian Betteridge & George Terry by completing the application form below.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 26 October 2018
BAUER XCEL MEDIA is advancing the media industry by applying user driven strategies to deliver cutting edge news and build original, innovative products centred around audience needs.
With 150 million monthly unique users and offices in New York, Hamburg, London, Sydney, Melbourne and Warsaw, BAUER XCEL MEDIA is one of the world's fastest growing digital media companies.
Bauer Media Group is one of the most successful media companies in the world. More than 600 magazines, over 400 digital products and 50 radio and TV stations reach millions of people around the globe. It has more than 11,000 employees in 20 countries. In the U.S., Bauer sells more magazines at retail than any other magazine publishing company.
Apply for Closer Online, Digital Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly