Reporter, Buyouts Insider - CA
Are you looking for a Reporter position to begin a successful journalism career? If so, we’d like to meet you. We are looking for a sharp, well organized and ambitious journalist to join our team in the San Francisco Bay Area. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in business journalism, with a particular interest in breaking news on venture capital deals, fundraising, people moves and other coverage related to the investment community.
Who are we?
Buyouts Insider, a publisher of the award-winning Buyouts Magazine, Venture Capital Journal and daily PE Hub Wire. We specialize in providing digital news, data services and print publications in the Financial Services market.
What We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Open Leave
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Work with dynamic and fun-loving colleagues who are always ready to help
Buyouts Insider, a publisher of the award-winning Buyouts Magazine, Venture Capital Journal and daily PE Hub Wire, is looking for a reporter to break news on venture capital deals, fundraising, people moves and other items related to the investment community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report and write breaking news and feature stories on venture capital deals, fundraising news, people moves and other news related to the investment world
- Work on data and investigative projects
- Participate in Podcasts
- Moderate panels at our conferences
- Network and interview high level Investment professionals
- Develop a level of expertise of the subject areas covered
- Travel to 4 to 6 conferences and other networking events
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of experience in financial news or business reporting.
- Fluency in the language of finance; familiarity with Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Mergers & Acquisitions a plus
- Ability to simultaneously produce daily content and work on longer-term stories
- Ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadlines
Simplify Compliance is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Simplify Compliance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team 1.800.727.5257.A