Hearst, Features Intern - Lifestyle
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful.
We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima, supporting the features team with research, admin and writing duties. Supporting the features hub to produce quality features content for all three titles within the Lifestyle group.
- Researching and writing features, ensuring a high standard of copy
- Pitching original features ideas in features meetings for use across all three titles within the Lifestyle Group
- Maintain and adhere to all content deadlines
- Liaising with the art, production and picture departments when required
- To represent the brands, where appropriate, attending relevant events, including reader events, which may be in the evening
- To work on supplements and spin-off print products
- To read and monitor competitive magazines and digital activities within the media to keep abreast of new ideas and trends, and to be aware of the competitive set and developments within your area
- Ensuring the features team runs smoothly and efficiently by providing administrative support i.e. overseeing features invoices, and organising payment through the Hearst payment system as required
The Key Performance Indicators against which you will be measured will be set by your line manager.
- Able to constantly generate ideas for a range of features
- Strong organisation and planning skills with creative thinking
- Organised and calm under pressure, tenacious and able to use their own initiative to problem solve
- Passionate about journalism and interested in developing their writing and researching skills
- Meticulous and hyper organised with exceptional time management skills
- Must have a strong interest in the subject matter of Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima.
Click 'Apply' now.