Editor, NACE International - USA
Responsible for the production of editorial content of a B2B/member magazine and website; writing, copyediting, photos, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Help determine the content for a B2B/member magazine and website according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Plan and write or assign feature-length articles and departments for each issue of the magazine and website.
- Work with technical editors to identify and edit technical articles from outside authors.
- Hire and work closely with freelance writers on story assignments, including preliminary research, assistance with sources, story angles/topics, plot hooks, and revising drafts.
- Responsible for copyediting articles from authors, technical editors, and in-house, and freelance sources.
- Locate and secure usage permission of publication-quality photos, including occasional cover photos.
- Work closely with Graphics Department on design issues and article layouts. Write all captions and pull quotes.
- Proof magazine layout to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, style, content, jumps, captions, liability issues; verify that all contact information is correct, etc.
- Establish and maintain a network of industry contacts to remain continuously aware of cutting-edge issues, technologies, and projects.
- Work with industry experts/NACE members to ensure the magazine is on point editorially with regard to editorial calendar and meeting industry concerns.
- Coordinate reader outreach programs, such as the annual Contractor Awards Program and feedback events.
Must coordinate and supervise the work of freelance writers on an ongoing basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job may require up to 20% travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred in Journalism, English, or a related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in editing and writing, preferably in an industrial, construction, or technical field. College degree may be substituted by a high school diploma, or equivalent, and 3-5 years’ experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, employees of the organization, customers, and the general public.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must possess a specific level of communication skill both verbal and written. Demonstrated personnel management skills including, but not limited to, the ability to evaluate staff performance and provide direction, is highly desirable.
Ability to work in a multi-task environment taking into account various external factors and to communicate efficiently and accurately to both managers/supervisors and subordinate staff.
Must be computer literate with knowledge and experience in word processing and spreadsheet softwares. Ability to learn and use association specific software.
Click 'Apply' now.