Digital Health, Senior Reporter
The job is as senior reporter with Digital Health, providing daily business-to-business original online news coverage of the health IT and digital health sectors in the UK. The position is offered on a six-month contract while our current senior reporter takes a sabbatical.
This is a great opportunity for an established journalist to learn a new patch or move online, for a reporter returning to work after a break, or for someone at an earlier stage in their career to gain some great additional experience in a patch that spans technology, health and policy.
The job is based in Digital Health’s Vauxhall offices, but you will be expected to travel to cover your patches (see below) and attend events and meetings.
- As senior reporter your primary duty is to bring in original off-diary news that is lively and written to maximize SEO and reader engagement
- Your secondary responsibility is to provide industry news coverage – press release pick-ups, industry round-ups etc.
- You are expected to make imaginative and effective use of online publishing devices and tools to provide engaging articles
- You are expected to make effective use of social media channels – primarily Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin – to promote articles and drive engagement with readers.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Report and write daily news for digitalhealth.net.
- Produce accurate, well-researched copy in-house style that is optimised for SEO
- Build strong contact book and personal network
- Develop a strong knowledge of the digital health and IT sectors
- Work closely with team members and support the editorial, research, events and sales staff
- Act as an ambassador for Digital Health at press conferences and industry events
- Travel when necessary to conduct interviews and attend conferences
- Be punctual, organised and professional.
- Adhere to the highest standards of journalistic ethics and integrity.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Digital Health, Senior Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly