Mongoose, Account Manager / Senior Account Manager
Mongoose is a specialist Sports, Fitness and Entertainment Agency. We deliver specialist expertise for both brands and rights holders across Communications, PR, Sponsorship, Activation and Events.
Creativity focussed and commercially aware, our boutique, integrated approach delivers bespoke campaigns to make your business grow. We do this by using our expertise to outwit, outthink and outplay the competition. And we don’t stop until we do.
We’re proud to work with some of the world's leading brands and the world’s biggest names such as New Balance, Harlem Globetrotters, Lucozade Sport, Merlin and The North Face.
About the role
Due to continue success and expansion, we have an exciting new vacancy for an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager (depending on experience) to join our Clerkenwell based agency.
The key purpose of the role will be to manage and drive a number of sport, health, fitness and sports lifestyle brands within the agency such as The North Face and Optimum Nutrition. You’ll be maintaining great relationships with clients to grow the business, delivering outstanding award-winning work.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Client Management – day to day communications, account admin and reporting
- Driving the press office across Sport, Fitness and Lifestyle brands, delivering a wide variety of coverage across key media
- Management of account KPI’s and deliverables
- Presenting and ‘selling’ PR, content and influencer ideas to clients
- Building and maintaining strong client, media and influencer relationships
- Getting involved with new business pitches as required
- Helping to manage, inspire and guide junior team members with your knowledge and understanding
- Client consultancy, giving advice on how to deliver success
- Planning and working with 3rd parties
- Creating content, understanding what makes great content, briefing and managing content shoots
- Event activation
- Managing Social platforms to grow them and engage with consumers
- Proactive research to inspire innovative ideas and demonstrate forward thinking
- Management of influencers and ambassadors – contract input and briefing
- We’re looking for a bright, creative individual who has experience managing accounts with a solid background in running a press office with a focus on sport, health, fitness and lifestyle
- Substantial experience in PR and comms industry
- Strong media contacts in Sport, Health and Lifestyle (Fashion)
- Creative thinker with an eye for a good story
- Strong copywriting skills
- Proven delivery of great coverage across Sport, Health and Lifestyle
- A key understanding of the health and wellness space
- An understanding of adventure sports and the outdoor lifestyle
- An awareness of emerging trends in fitness and lifestyle
- Self-motivated and a team player that thrives in a busy environment
- Organised, with an eye for detail
- An innovator that has their finger on the pulse and an eye for the latest trends
- A passionate and conscientious individual that wants to be part of a talented team growing the Mongoose business
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (+ Bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Medical cash plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee discount scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
- Childcare vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company Christmas closure
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply, complete the application form below.