Oath, Consumer Communications Specialist - EMEA
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Oath is looking for a Communications professional to join a fast paced and high performing PR team in London to work across Oath’s consumer brands (including HuffPost, Tumblr, Yahoo Sport, Yahoo Finance, TechCrunch and BUILD).
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for helping drive consumer coverage for Oath’s portfolio of brands in the UK and other international markets and supporting publicity for Oath’s original video programming.
- Own and maintain the consumer communications calendar & roadmap, ensure all media lists are up to date
- Write press materials, including messaging documents, press releases, briefing sheets and provide campaign coverage wrap-up reports
- Support the team in the development of creative PR strategies and maximise Oath’s portfolio of brands in consumer media – digital, print and broadcast
- Foster and build relationships with relevant consumer media
- Execute publicity campaigns across Oath’s varied slate of original video programming across its consumer brand portfolio.
- Handle day-to-day press activity – reacting to press enquiries as they arise and proactively publicising any exclusives and key news lines from interviews and blogs and raising editor profiles through media
- Partner with broader global communications team to ensure alignment with brand messaging and establish best practices
- Work closely with internal departments such as the editorial, product and video teams, to create leading and disruptive storylines in the press
- Liaise with Oath’s PR agency partners across the globe
- General administration, weekly reports, raising PO’s etc
Key Requirements & Qualifications:
- Successful candidates will likely have a BSc or PR/communications or relevant experience
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a consumer PR agency and/or in-house comms environment
- Organizational skills; clear and strategic thinking with the ability to develop and execute multi-platform communications strategies
- An understanding of digital advertising/monetisation strategies for brands
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles
- Strong journalist relationships with consumer media titles.
- Demonstrated ability to generate national, consumer and trade coverage – print, online and broadcast
- Experience supporting the PR around large scale events
- Ideally experience of working and aligning with a global comms team spread across multiple time zones
- Passion for news and the digital ecosystem and the pace of change in the space
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Click on the 'Apply' button to visit our site and submit an application.