Hanbury Strategy, Associate Director
About Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury was formed in September 2016 to provide political insight and strategic communications advice. We help businesses navigate our current time of global change, and we manage all aspects of communications to help others tell their story and help shape public opinion.
Our team is what makes us unique. With a proven track record of delivering victories against the odds, we have been on the winning side in the UK General Election of 2015, the EU Referendum of 2016 and the French Presidential Election of 2017. We now use this experience to advise and guide others through their most complex and challenging problems.
Hanbury has grown significantly since its formation. We are looking to bring on board an enthusiastic addition to the team, with significant proven experience working with or in the media, campaigns or in an agency, to lead and assist teams dealing with clients from a variety of industries.
You will be involved in a range of tasks and projects which might include:
- Proactively briefing stories to the media and dealing with reactive media enquiries
- Acting as the primary liaison for a range of corporate clients
- Researching and sourcing information for clients
- Drafting press releases, opinion pieces, briefing notes and background information documents
- Working with our researchers and policy analysts to produce detailed pieces of original research and analysis
- Helping to develop long term media strategies and communications grids
- Taking on day to day project management responsibilities and for effectively managing teams to deliver against tight deadlines
- Assisting the firm’s Partners in spotting opportunities to develop and grow the business
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries.
- Great at finding new ways to solve old problems.
- Dedicated to producing high quality work and going the extra mile.
- An entrepreneurial approach, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Excited at the prospect of working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions.
- Personable, committed and respectful.
Further information and benefits
- This is an office based position with normal working hours of 9am to 6pm.
- 28 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata), plus bank holidays and discretionary additional days off between the Christmas and New Year period.
- Pension scheme in which Hanbury contributes a proportion of your monthly gross salary.
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Programme.
- Membership of Second Home, the coworking office space in which Hanbury is currently based, which offers a range of additional complimentary benefits including cultural and wellness programmes: secondhome.io/spitalfields.
Apply to this role by completing the application form below.
Should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this timeframe, please assume that your application has not been taken further on this occasion.
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation.