Street & Co, Account Executive - Food, Drink & Lifestyle PR
We are looking for a Consumer Account Executive for an exciting and dynamic role in our team covering food and drink, destination, tourism and lifestyle brands.
You’ll be creative and ambitious; a lifestyle savvy all-rounder, ideally with a specific interest in food, drink. Broad interest in art, culture and design.
Key Responsibilities for Account Executive:
- Working closely with the Account Manager to prioritise and deliver client campaigns
- Producing creative content such as copy, video, photography and events
- Maintaining strong relationships with existing and new media contacts
- Putting together and implementing strong creative campaigns
Essential Skills and Competencies of the Account Executive:
- Minimum one year experience, within the consumer PR arena
- Tenacious and energetic with a passionate approach to consumer + food
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders, and competing priorities
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Highly social-media competent with a clear eye for visually led stories
- Pre-existing media contacts within consumer PR
- Ability to develop great relationships with clients and the media
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to produce strong coverage
- Mandarin speaking would be a huge bonus
The candidate will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role:
- Working with people
- The candidate will also be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Professional relationships – Developing professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication
- Communicating with supervisors/mentors - Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise
- Team building - Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment
- Networking - Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining a professional image
- Follow company and training provider procedures at all times
- Produce high-quality work with attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
Skills and experience summary:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages and experience in social media
- A big smile and positive attitude
- Tenacious, with buckets of common sense
- Organised and able to manage own time
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated and committed
- A ‘self-starter’ – someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions, we’re all learning.
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that require minimal amends from seniors and clients.
- Identifying publicity opportunities as directed.
- Producing internal copy for newsletters, internal briefings and notice boards.
- Competent in all written communications, such as letters, e-mails, memo etc., both internally and externally to clients and journalists.
- A growing understanding of how the media works in particular areas in which you operate - the opportunities available, starting to build relationships with journalists etc.
- Fully managing the process of press release distribution.
- Helping to sell items into media as directed.
- Understanding and running programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions, sampling offers, free for every reader offer etc.
- Proactively looking for opportunities, working alongside managers.
- Confident in making verbal approaches to all journalists - consumer, business-to-business and trade - to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities.
- Assist in the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- To actively participate in meetings. Helping in the preparing for the meeting and in presenting elements as directed.
- Participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches.
- Play a part in new business brainstorms.
- Liaise with clients at a junior level in a confident manner and build good working relationships.
- Undertake media and administration desk research for new business pitches and current client programmes as required.
- Flexibility - capable of juggling more than one task/client at the time and prioritising workload accordingly.
- To handle all administration for accounts including filing, press cuttings etc. to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Work as an effective member of a team, as well as the overall organisation.
- Proofread all written material.
- Develop useful and relevant business contacts.
- Become capable of briefing all suppliers such as designers, photographers, printers in a knowledgeable and precise manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
This role at Street & Co will best suit somebody who loves the media, understands brands and wants to be challenged and learn from a small, senior and specialist team. We don’t do templates, mail outs, off-the-peg PR.
Everything is bespoke to our client’s needs, so the environment is dynamic, creative and flexible. It’s an exciting time to join… we’ve just taken on some lovely new clients and are shaping and growing the team accordingly.
Apply by completing the application form below.