Retail Week, Reporter
We're looking for a Reporter to join our team in London.
As part of our Content function, your key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute agenda-setting exclusive news stories, features, analyses, opinion pieces and videos for publication across both our website and fortnightly magazine
- Come up with new and innovative ideas to help shape and develop our content output
- Represent Retail Week in the market, at industry events and in the media, through TV and radio appearances. You will also be expected to attend industry functions and dinners in the evenings
- Report on businesses within the retail sector; build, nurture and maintain contacts; and interview senior board level directors
This role is part of our 2019 strategy and we’re recruiting for a January 2019 start date.
As a reporter at Retail Week, you will work in a content team of journalists, analysts, data experts, digital and product editors, videographers and event producers.
Retail is one of the most exciting business sectors to cover. Retail affects everyone’s day to day lives, is the largest private sector employer, and plays a key role in our economy.
The sector is going through unprecedented change at the moment with the advent of technology, meaning it is at the forefront of innovation.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential, be comfortable juggling various priorities and able to hop onto projects at the last minute if required
- Experience of writing news and features to deadlines, either in a workplace environment, or as part of a degree qualification, is essential
- Knowledge or experience of the retail sector is a plus, but not a necessity
- Digital skills, such as filming/editing video, will be a bonus
- A shorthand qualification is desirable, but not a necessity
- Experience of content management systems, SEO and multi-platform publishing would be beneficial
- An ability to make contacts and build relationships with senior stakeholders in the retail sector is vital
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on:
Retail Week is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Click 'Apply' now.