Forces Network, Digital Live Content Producer
The Forces Network exists to provide the best possible broadcasting and digital media for the British Armed Forces and the wider military family.
We have radio, TV broadcast and entertainment teams, digital creatives, journalists, news teams, events specialists and engineers the world over, working alongside and within military communities.
We are looking for a Digital Live Content Producer to help expand our live digital coverage, in particular but not exclusive to sport, and to take a lead in the co-ordination of our live digital content for the forces.net website, working with our digital team.
Live streaming, live update blogging and other digital-first coverage around a wide range of events in the military calendar are key features of the role.
While the Digital Live Content Producer will at times work with digital news teams and video teams, this role is not focussed on the daily news agenda but our calendar includes everything from military sports, to pomp and circumstance, to homecomings, to outside broadcasts with entertainment and radio teams, to awards ceremonies, remembrance events and much more.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Initiative to take a lead in planning, organising and managing coverage of real-time live events, and co-ordinating live blogs, live streams and tie-in social media
- Some experience of shooting video, pictures and audio. Editing skills an advantage
- Experience of creating and generating well-written, accurate and well-researched multimedia content which engages and drives unique digital audiences
- Experience of adapting content (headlines/intros/images/video) in response to audience behaviour and rapidly adapting to analytics data to optimise engagement
- Experience of managing a media brand homepage such as a broadcaster, newspaper or other recognised current affairs digital publication
- A proven track record of working on a professional brand social media account or working with a social media team across professional accounts
- A recognised journalism qualification such as NCTJ, BJTC or an equivalent professional background along with up-to-date digital media legal knowledge
The Digital Live Content Producer will be based primarily at SSVC HQ in Chalfont St Peter, Bucks., although working on location is a key feature of the role.
Please email your CV, covering letter and examples of digital content or links to online work, plus your salary expectation for the role by completing the application form below.
Closing date: Friday 2 November 2018