Reach plc, eSports & Fantasy Football Writer (Nationwide)
This newly created position is one of a kind for our Sports team here at Reach. As our eSports & Fantasy Football Writer you will be responsible for covering eSports and gaming in three distinct ways: Trending, Cyclical & Evergreen.
With a broad brief working across a number of core games and communities as and where we see audience potential, but with a particular focus on games with natural synergy to our existing content (such as FIFA, Pro Evo and Football Manager). This is a brilliant opportunity to really make a role your own!
Reach PLC has the largest network of Regional sport websites in the UK, with dedicated daily coverage of more than 50 of the 92 clubs in the Premier League and Football League.
From the Manchester Evening News and Liverpool ECHO to new sites such as Football.London and Leeds Live, we are the go-to platforms for millions of fans every single day, writing, filming and podcasting about the issues supporters care about.
Who are we? We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
After phenomenal growth, we are now recruiting for a host of different roles to further bolster our network's coverage, from local reporters breaking stories on the ground to specialist scouts and a football finance expert who can cover our clubs in greater detail than ever before.
We are committed to quality, insightful digital journalism and have some of the most respected football reporters in the world as part of our network. Now we are looking to push the boundaries of local football coverage even further, with exceptional individuals who care about our clubs as much as we do.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- As our eSports & Fantasy Football Writer you will be responsible for covering eSports and gaming in three distinct ways: Trending, Cyclical &
- Evergreen. With a broad brief across a number of core games and communities as and where we see audience potential, but with particular focus on games with natural synergy to our existing content (such as FIFA,
- Pro Evo and Football Manager). Fortnite, Madden, NBA 2K, PUBG also covered when there is clear search interest.
- Trending would focus on the key stories and 'fan' reactions of gamers themselves, particularly around game updates, patch changes, Ultimate Team 'pack' releases and other types of content which could be covered 'live'.
- Cyclical eSports content would be 'booked in' with tent pole events across the year. These would include major eSport tournaments across the calendar plus release dates, demos, footage leaks and other elements which happen during the same period every 12 months. This would require a clear content calendar to be worked to. So for example, September is 'FIFA' month. November is 'FM'.
- Evergreen would focus on the content which we already see performing well, particularly for the wider market of casual gamers looking for hints and tips. Football Manager Wonderkids or best FIFA bargains are the best example of this, where we see a solid user base throughout the year, dipping in and out.
- Producing week to week Fantasy Football content to target supporters before, during and after matchday rounds
The Ideal Candidate
- For this role, we are particularly interested in hearing form candidates in the South West/Wales.
- We will also consider applications from people wanting to work out of any of our 40 newsrooms nationwide.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Click 'Apply' now.