Quilter, Corporate Communications Manager
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management both in the UK and internationally, managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers (as at 31 March 2018). It is listed on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
The Quilter group companies operate principally in two main segments: Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. Over the next two years it is gradually renaming each of the companies to align with the Quilter name.
Advice and Wealth Management
With £41.1 billion of assets under management (AUM) as at 31 March 2018, our Advice and Wealth Management segment includes:
- Intrinsic (which will become Quilter Financial Planning)
- Old Mutual Wealth Private Client Advisers (soon to be the new name for Quilter Private Client Advisers)
- Quilter Investors
- Quilter Cheviot (discretionary fund managers).
With £82.7 billion of assets under administration (AUA) as at 31 March 2018, our Wealth Platforms segment comprises:
- Old Mutual Wealth UK Platform (which will ultimately rename as Quilter Wealth Solutions)
- Old Mutual Wealth Heritage Life Assurance (which will become Quilter Life Assurance
- Old Mutual International (which will become Quilter International).
For more information about Quilter click here.
Main purpose of role:
To play a central role in implementing communications programmes helping to deliver against the corporate communications and PR plans.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Ownership of content areas of Quilter’s PR plan
- Researching stories for both internal and external communications
- Writing press releases, features and internal news stories
- Develop and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Attend meetings and events with key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage incoming queries
- Overseeing sign off processes for the corporate communications function
- Help ensure the corporate communications budget is controlled and not exceeded, reducing costs where possible.
Key Behavioural Skills:
The Corporate Communications Manager will be expected to embody the Quilter values:
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
- Collaborate with peers across the organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
Other key skills required are:
- Credible, professional individual with strong personal integrity
- Communicating with clarity and consideration, with strong written and presentation skills
- Delivery focused with high energy and drive
- Strong interpersonal capabilities in relationship management, negotiation and communication
- Strong team player able to work effectively across functions and businesses
- Ability to be flexible as we do not always work to a 9-5 hour day
- Able to deliver and delegate through others, while ensuring that goals and deadlines are met.
- Efficient and effective verbal communication, particularly with journalists and internal stakeholders
- Clear understanding of the financial services industry and how Quilter’s strategy fits with this
- Strong understanding of the company’s vision, messages, products and services
- Knowledge and awareness of key media
- Ability to research topics for inclusion in media and internal communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, including the ability to work effectively with people at all levels across the organisation
- Educated to A-level or degree level and/or proven track record at handling responsibilities outlined in this job profile.
Inclusion & Diversity:
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
Click 'Apply' now.