PR Manager for an initial 3 month contract. Ideally to start w.c. 5th November until the New Year, but with the option to be considered for the role on a permanent basis.
Our client has a really great team ethic. They're keen to see people progress and develop and even on a contract basis they will support you in this. They tend to stick to a 9 - 5.30 day, even in the PR team! We ideally need someone from a B2B background, with strong press office background.
- To deliver personal and team objectives in line with the wider aims and objectives of the department, directorate and the company
- To be a credible ambassador for the company, role modelling the company values and its professional code of conduct.
- To ensure that all company resources are managed effectively and responsibly, through a culture of continuous improvement which delivers value for money and quality service standards
- To fulfil the key responsibilities of the job role in a professional manner adapting to changing circumstances and re-prioritising accordingly.
Under the strategic direction of the Head of PR, as PR Manager you will be responsible for a range of stakeholder engagement and external communications activities including but not limited to:
- Develop and manage the Press and PR strategy to build the brand and profile through the media. Supply information about the company's activities, results and case studies to the public via national and international media, or directly via digital channels, always tailoring communications to the audience group.
- Management of our press office operation.
- Build and enhance the company profile with internal and external audiences. Engage key stakeholders ensuring they are informed about, consulted upon and engaged with the company. This will include leading meetings and coordinating events, surveys and consultations, correspondence and digital communications
- Deputise for the Head of PR when required in select external and internal corporate functions in the UK.
- Line management of one PR and Communications Executive, who is responsible for implementing the company communications externally and internally.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable professional experience in any or a combination of the following fields: journalism, civil service (communications), or parliament
- Experience of developing communications strategies and plans
- Experience working with – or within – UK government or parliament & UK national media
- Exceptional written English, suitable for press use
- Experience managing digital media channels
Apply by completing the application form below.