ICIS, Markets Reporter
Are you a journalist looking for the job security of an international publishing brand with double-digit growth year after year? Do you want to report on a thriving market and write unbiased copy that matters? Would you like to travel across Europe and further? If so, you should work for ICIS, the world’s largest petrochemical reporting service.
ICIS offers unrivaled coverage of worldwide petrochemical markets through a global team of nearly 600 people, with bureaus in London, Houston, New York, Washington, Milan, Singapore and Shanghai.
We are looking for an analytical and innovative journalist to join our petrochemical pricing team in our Central London office.
At ICIS we gather information from a wide cross-section of contacts and resources to provide unbiased information across a variety of content types.
The role will include daily and weekly price reporting, breaking news stories, writing in-depth analytical pieces and magazine articles, as well as reporting through video bulletins, podcasts and social media.
The ideal candidate will have the highest journalistic and ethical standards and be unafraid to thoroughly investigate markets to produce reliable, detailed and piercing copy.
You will become an expert in a variety of petrochemical markets, travel across Europe to maintain and develop relationships with key industry contacts, and be provided with opportunities to speak at conferences and work on projects that will help you advance your career.
ICIS offers an unrivalled work/life balance, and a friendly and supportive atmosphere with ongoing training and development.
- Cover a portfolio of petrochemical markets to produce daily and weekly price reports, market analyses, real-time news and in-depth stories
- Write engaging copy to regular deadlines, with the highest level of accuracy, balance and analysis
- Proactively chase stories across your portfolio of petrochemicals
- Interview market sources by telephone and face-to-face to discover pricing information and market trends
- Assess the validity of information and place it within a wider context
- Develop sources and maintain existing relationships
- Travel to industry events in Europe and around the world
- Produce podcasts and video content
Key Skills Required:
- High journalistic ethics and standards
- An inquisitive mind
- A strong eye for a story
- A good communicator, able to write compelling copy to strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and be highly adaptable to a fast-paced and continuously developing environment
Apply by completing the application form below.
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions.
Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, New York, London, Karlsruhe, Milan, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is part of Reed Business Information (RBI), a member of the RELX Group.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide.
Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- RBI pays competitive salaries and has a comprehensive set of benefits.