ACAMS moneylaundering.com, Reporter
The editorial team of ACAMS moneylaundering.com, the premier source of news, guidance and analysis on money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions-related offences and other financial crimes, is seeking to boost its international coverage with a full-time reporter based in London who will cover regulation, legislation, prosecutions and enforcement actions affecting financial institutions in the U.K. and Europe.
The successful candidate must be an enterprising reporter who can develop sources within financial institutions, law enforcement and regulatory agencies to write breaking news and timely features that attract international media attention.
At least two years of journalism experience required, as a beat reporter in a daily newsroom, wire service or trade publishing organisation. Proficiency in Spanish, German or French preferred, but not mandatory. Some international travel required. Candidates with the right to work in the EU only.
- Observe, interview and research for stories covering anti-money laundering compliance and financial crime; then organize facts into accurate, concise and clear copy by deadline
- Build sources within financial institutions and government agencies to maintain news flow
- Cover breaking news the day of, and file longer, feature-length analytical pieces
- Use smartphones and social media to distribute news quickly
- Work with managing editor to plan coverage
- Work with managing editor to plan graphics, photos and other media to accompany stories
- Manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently, and meet deadlines
- Evaluate, critique and redirect story ideas pitched by other reporters
- Perform other related duties assigned by managing editor
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent subject
- A minimum of two years' reporting experience
- Ability to develop and pitch story ideas and follow through with investigation
- Ability to balance social media duties, phone calls, interviews, meetings and writing with a schedule that may change day to day and week to week
- Strong journalism skills, including note-taking and news-writing
- Solid IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and online publishing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, keen attention to detail and organization
- EU national
- Proficiency in Spanish, German or French preferred, but not mandatory
To apply, send CV, clips and cover letter to Colby Adams and Ruthe Carmona by completing the application form below.