Dow Jones, Research Editor - 7 Month FTC (Barcelona)
Dow Jones & Company is currently seeking an entry-level Research Editor to join our Companies & Executives group in the Barcelona office.
We are looking for an intelligent, positive, and responsible team player with meticulous attention to detail, strong communication skills, and high initiative.
This candidate should be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, enjoy the challenge of piecing together information from various sources, and utilize outstanding critical thinking skills to constantly improve the process.
- Companies & Executives database maintenance
- Research corporate events and management changes
- Use a range of internal tools as well as relevant electronically published sources for each country he/she is researching, including company registers, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published directories.
- Identify duplicate codes coming from different external data providers, confirm the duplicates by research, determine the final survivor following a set of internal guidelines and consolidate the codes
- Ensure correct articles' coding for the most newsworthy people
- Check footprint information for each executive code, where appropriate, to make sure it extracts the correct articles for each executive
- Journalists database maintenance
- Revision of the WSJ authors' profiles
- Revision of new journalists' profiles that enter the database
- Participation in research projects
- Participation in testings of the tech enhancements to be implemented in our tools
- Work independently on assigned research tasks for timely completion
- Work under tight publishing deadlines in a goal-oriented environment.
- Be a team player and be flexible in order to contribute to projects as needed
- Excellent written and spoken English is a necessity. Foreign language skills are also a plus, particularly Russian or Arabic.
Education and experience:
- University college degree required.
- Must have experience in a PC/Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Google Calendar, Meet).
- Experience with Internet research is also a must. Must be able to demonstrate a general comfort with computers and ability to learn quickly.
- Industry knowledge: General knowledge about economics, financial markets, corporate events and management changes. A broad interest in learning more about these topics is essential.
This position is a maternity leave cover.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).