Hearst, Sub-Editor - Homes Group
Hearst UK are seeking a talented Sub-Editor to edit copy to a high standard and make sure articles are presented in a style and tone fitting with the relevant brands within the Homes group – ELLE Decoration, Country Living, House Beautiful.
- Assist the Chief Sub-Editors and Deputy Sub-Editor with the sub-editing of work
- Ensure copy goes through the production system as efficiently as possible to meet deadlines
- Edit copy and layouts to a high standard according to the style of each brand in the Homes group, through every stage of the workflow system
- Write headlines, standfirsts, picture captions and cross-heads and incorporate editor’s corrections
- Have a keen eye for detail to ensure that all pages are correct and legally watertight
- Help to maintain social media accounts and the brand email newsletters when necessary
- Attend production and forward planning meetings when necessary
- Practical knowledge of InDesign
- A keen attention to detail
- Able to understand the style and voice of each brand within the Homes group
- An ability to work accurately and prioritise copy and layouts while meeting deadlines and being aware of the schedule.
- An interest in interiors, design and architecture
Click 'Apply' now.