Stylist, Executive Editor - Digital
Stylist has a unique opportunity for an experienced digital strategist to join our award-winning team.
This newly created role will be responsible for leading our excellent editorial and social teams, as well as working with the Head of Audience to fast-track the growth and engagement of our audience while also expanding our SEO and affiliates strategy.
The Executive Editor will also work closely with our commercial teams and creative agency, Family, with a specific focus on our digital branded content. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and experienced digital editor to move into a more strategic leadership position.
The successful candidate will not only be an expert in SEO and audience growth, a strong leader and manager, but will also be able to maintain the strong Stylist brand voice and be full of creative ideas to increase Stylist’s brand fame.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Editor and Social Media Editor to manage resources, budget and content
- Coordinating commercial and editorial and supporting our internal creative agency with branded content briefs
- Delivering a content strategy that supports our ambitions
- Ensuring best practice is adopted and the appropriate level of training given around tagging, SEO and understanding the best channel of content delivery
- Creating and implementing a long-term SEO and affiliates strategy
- Meeting agreed KPIs – including audience volumes and engagement metrics, registrations, newsletter sign-ups and subscriptions
- Working with the social team to increase audience and engagement across all platform
- Creating new digital partnerships which enhance the brand and grow audience and engagement
The Executive Editor requires:
- Proven editorial skills and management experience at a senior level
- Training as a print, digital or broadcast journalist with a “nose” for the story
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative people
- Skill at distribution strategies and tactics
- A passion for new technology tools and a love of data
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Chartbeat, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and cover letter to Editor-in-Chief, Lisa Smosarski, by completing the application form below.
Please note: we thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 30 November 2018