Financial Adviser, Deputy Editor
1 day left
- Full Time
Financial Adviser, the award-winning retail finance business-to-business publications, is looking for a dynamic maternity cover Deputy Editor with the energy and journalistic skills to lead and act as brand champion of the market leading publication.
This role will report to the Editor of Financial Adviser/FTAdviser.com but will have day-to-day autonomy over running and editing the newspaper and assist with coming up with event, regular non-news content features and collaborative projects with website FTAdviser.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Editing a weekly newspaper, including all supplements.
- Directing the long term editorial strategy in conjunction with the Editor.
- Liaising with the joint News Editor/Features Editor to manage the weekly news and features agenda.
- Leading collaborative content projects between FTAdviser and Financial Adviser.
- Working with the commercial team to help maximise revenue opportunities on Financial Adviser
- Building print, digital and event opportunities to create new revenue streams and enhance the links between the Financial Adviser and FTAdviser brand.
- Assisting with programme content and hosting of Retail Finance events.
- Liaising with features team.
- Building contacts with key institutions, including the Financial Conduct Authority, HM Treasury and the Department of Work & Pensions.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
- Demonstrable top class journalistic, commissioning and editing skills.
- Media law qualification and shorthand.
- Previous experience across print, online and events.
- Diary management.
- Developing a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
- Working effectively with a team to achieve results.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge about retail finance and issues affecting financial advisers.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Financial Times is committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company -- and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.