Maverick Drinks, Content Executive
Department / Section: Marketing
Reporting to: PR & Communications Manager
Are you a natural wordsmith with a passion for all things spirits? We are looking for a Content Executive to work alongside our team of marketing extraordinaires! You will be responsible for delivering engaging, forward-thinking, cross-channel content for Maverick Drinks and its portfolio of craft spirits.
Maverick Drinks is leading the craft spirits movement in the UK and we represent a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands by introducing them to higher quality products that their customers will love.
Our growth is outpacing the industry and we continue to challenge the traditional ways of working to make them better. We’re doing things our way and we’re trying to add value to every aspect of the drinks business.
Essentials of the job
- Develop memorable content for Maverick Drinks brands, its partners and initiatives, including:
- Website/blog/email marketing copy for digital and print
- ECommerce, including product descriptions for Amazon, Nielsen Brandbank etc - optimised for SEO
- Awards entries and case studies
- Sales tools, including sell sheets and tasting notes
- Press releases
- Produce cross-channel content that adheres to the tone of voice, ethos and brand guidelines for each brand in the Maverick Drinks portfolio
- Source and develop visual content to complement written content across all channels
- Review and update brand content Maverick website and all partner sites - including uploading information
- Proofread copy for both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the content creation calendar and tone of voice for Maverick social channels and ensure this is implemented
- Attend events and work closely with our ambassadors to learn about our craft spirits portfolio and identify trends within the category
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Experience of content writing (in drinks is a bonus!)
- Digitally savvy - knowledge of social media skills for business and other digital media channels
- Able to successfully write for trade and consumer copy
- Fluent in English, with grade B or above in English ‘A’ level or equivalent international qualification
- Ability to work fast and accurately to turn a brief into memorable, engaging content
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of the UK drinks industry and its structure, including understanding of the on and off trade
- Experience of using a content management system
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress and Squarespace
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Familiar with the Google Suite of apps
- Keen interest in photography
- Creative writer and natural wordsmith
- Personal interest in and passion for craft spirits
- Innovative and original in your approach to content and marketing
- Excellent attention to detail, and to grammar and punctuation
- Self starter, ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, ability to switch between projects and brands seamlessly
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working We’re focused on productivity and will work with you to make sure you’re happy with how you work.
- A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
If you think you have what it takes to be our next Content Executive click 'Apply' to send your CV to us today! Please provide some examples of your work to date with your application and please tell us what your favourite spirit or cocktail is!