Aviation News, Staff Writer - B2B
Aviation News is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Staff Writer to aid the expansion of its stable of existing aviation publications as well as a number of exciting new product launches.
Airline Economics (airlineeconomics.co) is a bi-monthly publication, print and online, which covers all areas of the aviation industry relevant to owners, investors and operators of commercial aircraft. Also under this brand is the annual Finance and Leasing Guide, other aircraft specific guides and other supplements.
The brand also incorporates Airline Economics Daily, the flagship daily newsletter for the industry, which appears on our website and is emailed out to a substantial list of industry contacts.
This is the foremost daily newsletter in the industry that includes a round-up of all of the day’s aviation news stories as well as a hard-hitting editorial comment from our managing editor.
MRO Global (aviationnews-online.com/mro-global) is the one stop publication for the maintenance, repair and overhaul aviation sector.
This magazine covers areas including global MRO market developments, engine and airframe repairs, spares and parts supply, aircraft cargo conversions, green issues affecting the industry, MRO software, leasing and pooling, on wing and power-by-the-hour agreements, parts tracking systems, portable maintenance aids as well as a full global company directory.
Aviation Life (aviationnews-online.com/aviationlife) is a new consumer-focused publication that covers a broad spectrum of subject areas related to aviation, including historic aircraft and flight history, space explorations and commercial space flight, inspirational life stories from major aviation figures, and much more.
The Staff Writer role includes:
- Writing accurate and engaging content for the website, daily emails and print magazines
- Attending and representing the magazine at industry events around the world including airshows, exhibitions and conferences
- Developing analytical features tackling complex business and technical issues
- Generating off-diary, exclusive content including print, online and video, whenever possible
- Writing well-researched, factually-accurate copy in ‘house style’
- Managing your time effectively and hit deadlines. To be punctual and professional in all aspects of your work
- Generating appropriate, creative feature news and feature ideas for all Aviation News publications
- Proofreading your own work, both in print and online, and to use standard proofreading marks
- Monitoring websites and other sources on a daily basis for industry news items
- Representing the magazine at press conferences and industry and magazine events, both during and outside normal working hours
- Engaging with readers via social media and other channels
- * Frequent international travel to attend our international conferences as well as other industry events
- Developing industry contacts and maintaining relationships
- Interviewing senior executives and other high-profile industry professionals
- Actively assisting with the promotion of Airline Economics conferences and events
- Managing wordpress, Mailchimp and other content on various management systems
- Carrying out additional tasks as and when requested by the editor
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Proficient in writing about finance, business and economics
- A qualified journalist with experience working on a business-to-business magazine or newspaper
- Highly organised and able to work on several tasks at once
- Knowledgeable about aircraft and the aviation industry
- Able to seek out the more controversial arguments behind a news story
- Able to write high-quality industry analysis/stories to tight deadlines
As a fast-growing company, the right candidate will have the opportunity to progress rapidly through the company to an editor role.
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below to submit your CV and covering letter to the editor, Victoria Tozer-Pennington, detailing your achievements and suitability for the role.
Apply for Aviation News, Staff Writer - B2B
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly