MLex, Senior Reporter / Correspondent - Antitrust & M&A Coverage (Brussels)
Who is MLex:
Founded in 2005, MLex is an innovative media organisation providing exclusive market insight, analysis and commentary on regulatory risk.
MLex’s coverage spans the world’s foremost regulators in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America, offering up-to-the-minute coverage of regulatory threats and opportunities.
MLex employs an investigative journalistic approach and forensic coverage of cases via an unrivalled team of experienced and expert reporters, qualified lawyers and industry experts. MLex will help LexisNexis better serve the rapidly changing customer needs in the area of legal and regulatory news, insight and analysis.
MLex is a truly global business that serves customers in North America, Continental Europe, the UK, Asia and Latin America. The MLex organisation operates out of various offices around the world including London, Brussels, Washington D.C., Hong-Kong, San Francisco and Sao Paolo.
Purpose of the role:
The role is based in Brussels, and is part of our ongoing expansion, both editorially and into new markets, of our core antitrust and M&A coverage.
- The senior correspondent will coordinate on a day-to-day basis with a team of around half a dozen reporters, under the guidance of a regional chief correspondent and/or the global chief correspondents in antitrust and M&A, but reportign to their respective regional managing editors.
- In antitrust, the beat includes coverage of cartel and abuse-of-dominance investigations, enforcement decisions including fines and prosecutions, litigation including sentencing and damages lawsuits, as well as patent disputes.
- In M&A the beat involves reporting on merger reviews by regulatory authorities, with a focus on breaking market-sensitive news on the regulatory process, as well as anticipating the process through in-depth analysis of the companies and markets involved.
- It's likely the correspondent will be expected to major in one beat, but will likely use their contacts and knowledge to help out on the other, as well as on beats across the rest of the MLex teams, such as financial crime and digital risk.
Key result areas:
- Complement and enhance our existing antitrust and M&A coverage
- Become a senior voice of authority within the company and to the outside world on the beat
- The candidate should have some knowledge of and experience in covering antitrust or M&A.
- Other knowledge/experience of the regulatory/policy sphere is an advantage
- Mother-tongue English is required. Other European languages will be taken into account.
The candidate should have experience of working in a fast-paced newsroom environment such as a newswire or major newspaper, with a proven history of breaking news
MLex offers an attractive employment package, with competitive salaries to attract and keep talented journalists.
This is an ideal opportunity to become part of a large and growing team at the heart of a thriving, growing and trusted news-media company.
This is also an ideal opportunity to relocate to a buzzing international city, with an excellent quality of life.
Click 'Apply' now.