BBC Culture, Senior Journalist - 12 Month FTC
The Senior Journalist will be responsible for writing, editing, and commissioning feature stories on BBC Culture, an internationally-focused arts website on bbc.com, which is part of Global News Ltd. They will work to ensure the editorial success and commercial growth of BBC Culture, and the wider goals of the bbc.com team.
- Responsible for originating and producing features journalism for BBC Culture, which will include writing, editing and commissioning in text, multimedia and digital video.
- Deliver a steady stream of high-quality, shareable feature stories that inform, educate and entertain an ex-UK international audience and adhere to the BBC’s editorial guidelines.
- Contribute to the commercial goals of Global News Ltd, which may include conceiving series/section ideas in collaboration with colleagues in advertising sales, or managing the delivery of sponsored campaigns.
- Help drive the growth and reputation of BBC Culture with new audiences and demographics.
- Develop a diverse network of trusted contributors to the site.
Are you the right candidate?
- A strong track record in writing, commissioning and delivering high-quality arts and culture journalism.
- A high standard of editorial judgment, writing ability and editing skills based on substantial journalism experience.
- A thorough understanding of best practice in digital and social media, and the latest industry trends affecting digital publishing.
- Ability to work effectively with other editors and producers. Resolving conflicts as necessary.
- Experience of using analytic tools and data to evaluate story performance.
- Experience of writing and editing stories for social media audiences.
Click 'Apply' now.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours found in the 'Supporting documents' section below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.