Dow Jones, Assistant News Editor (Madrid)
3 days left
- Full Time
Dow Jones seeks an experienced financial journalist to run and manage its Spanish Language Service.
Based in the Madrid offices of our partner, EFE, this is a great opportunity to shape our local coverage of Spanish companies, its economy and politics.
The Madrid team is responsible for covering a range of corporate and markets news sectors, key IPOs and mergers. Reporters cover a wide range of earnings and also produce market talks, our proprietary vehicle for short-form analysis.
In addition, all reporters translate from Dow Jones Newswires' English language service and from the the Wall Street Journal, meaning subscribers are well served for international news.
The Assistant News Editor will be expected to contribute to much of this coverage, in particular covering key corporations in the IBEX 35, while supervising and managing the team of reporters and translators.
- Exercises superb judgement in planning and prioritising breaking news.
- Demonstrable and significant experience in a financial reporting or editing role.
- Recognise DJ's core audience of financial professionals and meets its needs and expectations.
- Upholds extremely high editorial standards. Demonstrates a keen eye for detail.
- Strong appetite for news in all its forms, particularly financial, economic and political, and a keen sense of the trends and themes shaping news flow.
- Some prior experience of managing a multi-skilled editorial team would be an advantage.
- Native Spanish and excellent written and spoken English are essential.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).