FTAdviser.com & Financial Adviser, Reporter
FTAdviser.com and Financial Adviser, the award-winning retail finance business-to-business publications, are looking for a dynamic reporter with the energy and journalistic skills to deliver breaking news, obtain exclusives, work on investigative articles and produce coverage of a range of financial services events.
The ideal candidate understands what readers want from digital media and is able to deliver content (data, videos, etc) to engage and hold their interest.
The role is based in the Financial Times building at One Southwark Bridge, London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing breaking news, meeting deadlines and developing original ideas for news stories.
- Building contacts with key institutions, providers and financial intermediaries.
- Writing incisive analysis to elucidate key industry trends.
- Obtain tip-offs and produce award-winning investigative articles.
- Editing news copy where required.
- Deliver what readers want from digital media. Understand and able to deliver content (data, videos, etc) to engage and hold their interest.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
You'll bring to the role....
- Keen news sense – awareness of what interests, attracts and engages our professional online and print readership.
- Journalistic skills to ensure both our print and online publications remain an essential read and are regularly breaking exclusive news items.
- Interest in and understanding of financial matters.
- Media law and shorthand qualification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of what readership wants from digital media.
- Media law qualification and shorthand.
- Previous experience of writing for print and online publications.
- Good diary management.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to adapt copy and deliver to print and online deadlines.
Click 'Apply' now.
Knowledge about retail finance and issues affecting financial advisers.
Click 'Apply' now.