Telegraph Media Group, Personal Finance Reporter
The Telegraph has the fastest-growing personal finance desk in British journalism, benefiting from new investment on the back of a strong legacy.
This is a chance to join a smart, dynamic team of colleagues setting the agenda for personal finance journalism. You'll become part of a friendly, dedicated newsroom that encourages collaboration between desks and is setting the pace for the future of the industry.
There's currently an opportunity for a Personal Finance Reporter to join the team. You'll be responsible for producing engaging personal finance content for multiple channels, primarily digital and print.
- Writing in a range of formats including news, analysis, expert advice, guides, explainers and case studies (such as money makeovers)
- Developing original and compelling ideas and creative ways to present them - which could include graphics, calculators, video, polls etc
- Monitoring reader correspondence via email, story comments, post and social - and use this as a prompt for idea generation
- Monitoring analytics, again to help inform ideas and successful formats
- Spotting stories or digital projects from raw numbers
- Working collaboratively with colleagues on other desks where appropriate
Essential skills required for the role
- Excellent, accurate writing across a range of formats
- Experience of writing and developing stories for digital and print
- An ability to explain and convey complex subjects clearly and comprehensively
- An ability to find new ways to cover the same topics or issues
- A sound network of contacts across the spectrum of core personal finance topics including mortgages and property finance, investing, tax, pensions, banking and insurance
- Knowledge of relevant data sources
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to be part of our happy and successful team
- An ability to show initiative and work well under pressure
Additional skills useful for the role
- Confidence and creativity with headlines, standfirst, pictures, graphics, polls etc
- An understanding of the Telegraph audience and ideas for how to reach new readers
- Experience using InCopy and/or InDesign
- Editing and/or publishing experience
Click 'Apply' now.