Deutsche Welle, Journalism Traineeship (Bonn / Berlin)
We are seeking talented applicants for an 18-month
commencing on 1 September 2019. The traineeship is based at DW's broadcasting centers in Bonn and Berlin, Germany.
Our traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Europe, giving you the chance to learn all the skills you need to work successfully as a multimedia reporter and editor.
The DW traineeship is all about gaining hands-on experience in radio, TV and online with a combination of intensive practical training blocks and newsroom placements both within DW and internationally.
In this, trainees benefit from DW's strong ties to other German public broadcasters and international media houses. Trainees are also able to explore the journalism trends of the future – from digital storytelling to data journalism and virtual reality. In addition, you will have the chance to develop a larger piece of innovative content through involvement in the scheme's journalism projects.
We are looking for creative minds who reflect DW's cultural and linguistic diversity and who have something to say.
- native-level speaker of one of DW's languages, and excellent English and German skills
- completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- basic journalism experience
- content published or broadcast
- creative mind
- excellent judge of journalism content
- social media experience
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- strong MS Office skills, basic audio and video production skills, data skills.
The DW Traineeship offers:
- the acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills
- technology training across TV, radio and online
- focused seminars delivered by experienced trainers
- placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- placement with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe or worldwide
- the chance to produce a larger journalism piece based on your own idea
- a salary paid throughout the traineeship
- the prospect of a DW employment contract upon successful completion of the traineeship.
Applications from women are explicitly welcome. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
Click 'Apply' now.