The Sun, Senior Digital Showbiz Reporter
Do you love celebrities, watching TV (and getting paid for it) and mingling with famous faces at showbiz parties? Are you obsessed with all things showbiz, Love Island and the soaps and can find your way from Roy's Rolls to the Rovers? Do you want to work for the UK's No1 showbiz team? Well, we're hiring!
The Sun's digital showbiz team is looking for a talented and passionate senior showbiz reporter to deliver exclusive entertainment news to our loyal audience who rely on us for all the daily gossip.
You will be working in a fast-paced and exciting environment at The Sun writing about the biggest TV shows, the world's most famous faces, interviewing showbiz stars on camera and reporting from red carpets, parties and press events.
You must have extensive experience working as a showbiz journalist or be working on a celebrity website, be brimming with new ideas, have a bulging contacts book and thrive working in an exciting, fast paced newsroom environment.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
- Great showbiz exclusive stories in The Sun often set the showbiz agenda and we are easily the leading source of news for all showbiz, digitally and in the paper
- Holding interviews and covering events
- Contributing exclusive stories on a daily basis
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the IPSO Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the TV & Showbiz Editor in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles and feature ideas to news/features desks
- Help manage a desk of reporters and edit copy
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of showbiz and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive can-do attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Apply by completing the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.