Women's Health, Picture Director / Managing Editor - Maternity Cover
2 days left
- Full Time
Working with the Editor and Creative Director to ensure that the magazine has the best pictures that relate to the features in the magazine, bought at preferable rates and within deadlines.
To manage the Women’s Health budgets to ensure that each issue comes in on budget and that members of the team know how much they have to spend; working with the Editor on keeping costs down and looking at new ways of producing high-quality work at the most reasonable prices; ensuring the smooth running of the commissioning and invoicing systems.
- To discuss with the Creative Director the forthcoming features and photographic requirements
- Heading up the organisation of cover shoots, liaising with PRs and top photographers, and taking control of all the logistics. Going to the shoot and art-directing
- Devising clever visual ideas for features and booking shoots, sourcing props and/or working with models or readers to make them happen
- Building strong relationships with photographers while also scouting for new talent
- To fulfil all research requirements
- Working with the international teams on their syndication
- Uploading the monthly issue to the International Hearst Network
- To ensure timely organisation of still life, portraits and food shoots - hair/make-up/studio hire/stylist/dealing with the agents and clients/arranging location
- To liaise with the Finance department, providing an estimate of the photographic costs incurred. To check and sign picture invoices allocating costs to features and issues
- To manage the Women’s Health editorial budgets and ensure that the magazine comes in on budget each month
- To ensure that the team is aware how much they have to spend and to ensure it is spent in the most economical and intelligent way
- To maintain and update the photographic library
- To run the picture desk commissioning system
- Managing the Picture team
- Demonstrable experience working as a Picture Editor / Picture Director
- Able to develop strong working relationships
- Able to develop the photography / visual / look of a title to achieve continual circulation success
- Able to develop a co-operative relationship with rest of the team
- Able to ensure the smooth and highly organised running of the Picture Desk, ensuring the team is happy and motivated, photography and picture research is planned well in advance, deadlines are met and the magazine runs within budget.
To apply for this opportunity click 'Apply' and please attach a cover letter along with your CV, and the completed task below:
- Please give 3 suggestions of 3 celebrities who you think would make good cover stars for Women’s Health magazine.
- Choose one of these 3 celebrities and create a mood board for how you would choose to shoot them for the cover and the cover story. Please include notes on styling, location, hair/make-up and any props that may be needed. Please also include a mock call sheet suggesting location, photographer and glam team.