Good Housekeeping Institute, Junior Researcher - Appliances & Household
To work together with other members of the Good Housekeeping Institute appliances and household team in testing appliances and products for editorial purposes, commercial projects and digital offering. Carry out research into consumer issues as required.
- Main duty will be testing products and appliances as requested by the Appliance and Household Testing Manager. This will involve following strict test protocols methodically and recording, collating and analysing results with great accuracy. To present results in the form required for the magazine, commercial clients or the website.
- To initiate ideas for consumer features and contribute to other department features as required by the Consumer Director and Head of Testing.
- To build relationships with relevant manufacturers and PRs in relevant areas
- To answer reader enquiries by phone, letter or email.
- To promote the Good Housekeeping Institute either within Hearst or with external companies.
- To organise the delivery and return of items ordered for the Good Housekeeping Institute and be responsible for them when in the test facility.
- To be responsible for the tidiness and cleanliness of equipment on loan and the test facility.
Research & Testing
- To organise the testing of appliances and household products from ordering them from manufacturers, through to testing, writing up results and returning them within pre-agreed timescales.
- To present results in a final report in a pre-agreed style and format.
- To sustain high testing standards and levels of consistency.
Editorial & Digital
- To initiate ideas for consumer features for print and digital with special regard to domestic appliances and household goods.
- To contribute to other Hearst features as required.
- To upload features to the website and product database.
- To check GHI editorial proofs and artwork e.g. factual information, process and stockists.
- To be involved with providing video content for the website when required.
- To carry out research and write own features in the style of the magazine or website and within the deadline set under the supervision of the Appliance and Household Manager.
- To keep up to date with current market trends, new products and domestic appliances.
- To develop strong manufacturer relationships.
- To give radio and TV interviews representing the GHI as and when required
Click 'Apply' now.