Argus Media, Deputy Editor - Metal Markets | Global
Reporting Relationship: Editor – Argus Metals International
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Editor to join our global Metals team, working with and closely supporting the Editor as well as reporting on Speciality Metals Markets (Battery, Ferrous Alloys, Minor Metals and Tungsten). This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Reporter/Deputy Editor to take on a managerial/team support role.
Argus Metals International is a daily report covering global markets for minor and speciality metals, including the rapidly developing battery materials sector.
As Deputy Editor, you will apply your extensive experience of reporting to the metals markets and assist in editing and developing the daily report and online content.
You will provide support and cover for the Editor in the publication of price assessments, news and analysis, and will help to manage a global team of reporters. As part of your role, you will propose new ways to develop the report and to expand the contacts base in this fast-paced environment with the highest standards of journalistic independence and integrity.
You will help to raise the profile of the report through representing Argus at conferences, events and by delivering expert content via webinars and white papers.
- Assist in producing a daily market report with price assessments, market news and analysis.
- Support the editor to guide, train, manage and motivate a team of reporters.
- Forge new contacts in the markets for minor and speciality metals and alloys.
- Develop Argus’ market price assessment methodology in consultation with the market.
- Be rigorous in applying the methodology and internal compliance processes.
- Engage with the industry to ensure a close understanding of market developments through daily contact with traders, producers, consumers and other key market figures to build relationships and gather news.
- Contribute high-quality and original copy to the report and the on-line news service, following house style.
- Represent Argus at conferences, events and deliver expert content via webinars and white papers.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to other divisions within Argus.
Skills and Experience
- Market reporting and editing experience essential, with prior experience of metals sector.
- Self-motivation and initiative to drive projects forward with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives and internally.
- Strong management and organisational skills.
- A proven track record of setting high editorial standards.
- Ability to travel to meetings and events across Europe as necessary.
- Demonstrable interest in global business and politics
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative and equipped with an inquisitive nature
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you - click 'Apply' now.