The Pool, Social Media Editor
The Pool is recruiting a new social media editor – we need a smart, savvy strategist, who understands how to promote a news piece differently from fashion and beauty, and branded content from editorial.
The successful candidate will work in our London offices alongside our editorial and commercial team, working to grow The Pool's website traffic, drive sign-ups to our email lists and be the first point of contact for The Pool's readers.
We are a digital-only business so our social media is crucial to our success. We're looking for someone who loves social media and has a dynamic, inventive, charismatic approach to the role.
Our new social media editor will be focused on pushing The Pool to the next level of success, and will be consistently committed and inventive in doing so.
Requirements of the role:
- Engaging and clever copywriting skills that can nail The Pool's tone of voice across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Ability to utilise established and new social platform capabilities to drive traffic and increase brand awareness
- Online community management and moderation – responding to messages and comments across our social platforms
- Experience with live coverage of events and live streaming across multiple social media platforms
- An active and passionate interest in new social media platforms, as well as a keen eye on developments within existing ones
- Experience of handling social media spend and ad creative, particularly Facebook Ad Manager
- Strong time-keeping and organisational skills – the role requires working both on long-term campaigns and daily news pieces as they come in.
- Ability to work flexibly. The Pool infrequently holds evening events that require live-tweeting as well as Facebook Live coverage. This role will also involve a level of weekend moderation
- Understanding of relevant analytics and ways to apply these learnings
- Minimum 2 years experience in a social media role
- A background in editorial social media, or experience working in a publishing or digital media company is preferred
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below, by 12 December. We will be reviewing applications from 30 November.
Start date: January 2019
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm