Dow Jones, Research Editor - English & Russian (Singapore)
The role of the Research Editor, Special Interest People (SIP) is to research, compile and update for Dow Jones Risk & Compliance accurate and complete profiles of individuals who meet specific coverage criteria.
The team updates and maintains the Special Interest global database of individuals who are alleged to have committed offences above a specific financial threshold in particular crime categories.
The Research Editor is responsible for monitoring relevant news from a portfolio of countries in order to identify individuals who meet the Special Interest criteria.
News monitoring is carried out through Factiva, the group's main research tool, although other electronic and non-electronic published sources may be consulted in order to obtain biographical data.
Within the profile, the Research Editor must accurately summarise in fluent English events relating to the individual and the reported allegations. The Research Editor must also monitor news for updates relating to the individuals covered to ensure the profiles are kept up to date.
In extracting data from Factiva sources, the editor must adhere to a set of coverage guidelines.
The Research Editor is also responsible for researching and producing enhanced due diligence reports on companies and individuals to support the Dow Jones Due Diligence business, and will be required to contribute to other projects relating to the research and analysis of information relating to individuals.
Excellent research skills and attention to detail are required.
- Research and identify key data for individuals meeting the coverage criteria
- Create profiles that are well-written, unbiased, complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure updates are added in a timely fashion to profiles
- Meet coverage targets ensuring no backlog of data builds up
- Suggest improvements to the processes, tools and data relating to the identification and creation of the profiles
- Assist with the compilation and distribution of key metrics and regular reports relating to profile data
- Ensure that queries are handled correctly and in a timely fashion
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in English and Russian is essential
- Education to a degree level
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Excellent proofreading skills and the ability to handle large volumes of information
- Good organizational skills. The candidate must be able to track and prioritise tasks
- Education to degree level
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
Click 'Apply' if you are passionate about research, analysis and most importantly, information, this position is for you! To apply, please submit your CV with current and expected salary, and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).