The Sun, Graphic Designer - Online
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Day to day you will:
We are looking for a graphic designer to work on a shift basis for The Sun Online team, focusing on designing graphics for our website and mobile app.
What we're looking for from you:
- You must be highly self-motivated, positive and self-starting as well as a team player
- Previous experience working in a news environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
- Occasional unsociable hours may be required
- Strong creative and technical skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Logo design skills are a bonus
- Excellent grasp of communicating messages using imagery in a clean, well thought out way
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and often under pressure
- Great communication skills, ability to articulate ideas within a team environment
- Passionate about design and understand how to deliver a variety of news stories in a well thought out way
- Good general knowledge of UK news, UK TV and celebrities
- Good grasp of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- References must be available upon request
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.