S&P Global Platts, Price Reporter - Agriculture
We are seeking a price reporter able to drive and further develop our Agricultural market coverage in EMEA and help build benchmark pricing in this key sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive adoption of Platts existing price assessments as well as to be involved in the development of new assessments in adjacent areas.
You will be based in London and will form part of a team spanning the globe, liaising and collaborating with colleagues also based in Singapore, USA, Brazil and Switzerland.
Primary responsibility will be reporting on trading activity in markets such as wheat and corn, sugar, ethanol and biodiesel, assessing those markets based on physical bids, offers and traded information and in line with Platts published methodology; writing a commentary and assessment rationale explaining the trends driving prices and the reason why prices have been assessed the way they have; and writing news stories during the course of market coverage.
Secondary responsibilities will include managing and building our database of contacts; identifying opportunities to improve methodology or launch new price assessments; representing Platts at industry events as well as in face-to-face meetings with market participants; presenting at conferences; undertaking webinars, podcasts or other editorial initiatives; and any other relevant activities to help develop Platts role in the Agricultural commodity sector.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of role types and personalities, internally and externally
- Clear, concise English writing skills – prior experience or training in journalism preferred
- Additional fluency in French, Spanish or Russian preferred
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to apply basic math functions in Excel
- Minimum two years’ experience of global agricultural commodity markets preferred
- A solid understanding of economics principles
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced news environment
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Business preferred
Click 'Apply' now.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets.
Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
For more information, visit platts.com.