HuffPost is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The site launched its first international edition in May 2011.
HuffPost is looking for an experienced and visionary editor-in-chief to lead its UK edition.
The right candidate has a sophisticated understanding of the opportunities and challenges of the digital news business, has a proven track record as a newsroom leader, and is motivated by the HuffPost editorial mission.
In addition to running a 45-person newsroom, the editor-in-chief will set the strategic vision for HuffPost UK in collaboration with the International Director in New York.
- Lead the newsroom, define the editorial vision and guide the strategy for commissioning and distribution
- Collaborate with commercial teams to identify and create new revenue opportunities to grow the business
- Attract and develop talent, making strategic decisions about staffing and hiring, further building a diverse, ambitious and vibrant newsroom
- Serve as the public face of HuffPost in the UK, representing the brand in the media, and with government agencies and regulatory bodies
- Successfully manage relationships with other stakeholders in the market, including product, engineering, HR and legal teams
- Navigate, negotiate and influence within a larger organization
The ideal candidate is an inspiring and decisive leader, who is unafraid to tackle the challenges of the rapidly-changing online media landscape.
We’re looking for someone who can articulate a compelling vision for HuffPost UK – and who understands how to lead the team in pursuit of that goal.
Deep experience in digital journalism is a must, as is a fluency with data, analytics and audience development strategies. He or she is a creative thinker with a proven ability to set the news agenda in a competitive environment.
Click 'Apply' now.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.