Hearst, Celebrity Director - Lifestyle Hub
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful. We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To co-lead the entertainment and celebrity hub for the Hearst Lifestyle portfolio that delivers content into Good Housekeeping, Prima and Red.
Key areas of responsibility
- To agree the entertainment and celebrity strategy for each brand, with the Group Editorial Director (GED) and ensure content created and delivered for each brand meets the brief and is delivered in a timely manner meeting all deadlines
- Create an annual entertainment content plan and share this with all key stakeholders
- Ensure each brand has a unique point of difference, tone and voice
- Understand the global Hearst sources of celebrity content that can be repurposed for use across the brands and meet repurposing targets
- Execute all editorial duties involved with publishing the magazine to the highest standards, meeting all deadlines
- Be responsible for the legal requirements and accuracy of all content appearing in the section.
- Proof read at relevant stages
- To seek out up and coming celebrities, fresh contributors and commission experts and relevant writers, through the most cost effective and relevant editorial workflow sources available. Write when appropriate
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to deliver an effective and efficient workflow and resource allocation within budget
- Be responsible for entertainment content rights and negotiate for maximum usage within budget
- To keep abreast of competitor content, new ideas and content trends
- Work with the GED to create plans at the point of commissioning on how entertainment content will be repurposed across multiple brands/formats.
- Consider how you manage and share between you and the Entertainment Director to deliver content and to grow strong bonds with agents, PRs and celebrities.
- Maintain the diary of industry events and ensure that this is made available to all keys stakeholders.
- Pass contacts you make with any industry budget influencers to the GED or directly to the sales teams for nurturing.
- Demonstrable experience working within the category
- Proven team and budget management experience
- Experienced in dealing with senior figureheads within the industry
- Team player
- Can demonstrate an acute knowledge of the day to day operation of content creation and delivery
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A can-do attitude and flexible around the breadth of the role.
Click 'Apply' now.