ELLE, Digital News Editor
After two years of exciting growth, ELLE.COM/UK has firmly cemented itself in the market for fashion, feminism, beauty and daily news digital journalism.
The site has a responsibility to exercise knowledge and authority in all output, but also to create content that is fresh, dynamic, timely and representative of the opinions of our readership.
The ideal candidate for the News Editor role will be energetic, with a keen understanding of how to be first to a story, how to cleave content to suit the Google News algorithm, but also how to interrogate a topic, perceiving all the different angles available and choosing the path that most suits the ethos of the ELLE brand.
We are looking for someone with passion and dynamism, who can work quickly, with proven digital savvy and thorough attention to detail; a self-starter who is as comfortable working for stretches on their own and interviewing 1-1, as they are taking charge and directing a team in a breaking news moment.
Day to day duties include:
- Daily mining for news stories, with a view to creating fresh, unique content through the ELLE lens.
- Brainstorming "follow-on" and investigative stories, using daily news items as a springboard.
- Writing daily news content which is accurate, well sourced, digitally minded, original and SEO-smart.
- Responding to breaking news with an accurate, timely and clever approach that takes advantage of the Google News algorithm as well as serving our audience.
- Guiding and managing other ELLE team members during important news moments.
- Giving feedback on news hooks, newsworthy imagery and story priority, to other team members.
- Supporting other editor level positions on the team, with news angles for their different sections of the site.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Journalism qualification
- Previous experience of at least two years on a digital-first publication
- Proven interviewing experience
- Desired but not required: on camera interview experience.
Click 'Apply' now.