Motor Sport, Digital Editor
The Original Motor Racing Magazine Motor Sport has always bucked the trend, ever since it first hit the newsstands way back in 1924, and the magazine that never pulls its punches still holds true to the qualities that made it famous.
Motor Sport remains definitive, incisive and unique, striving to entertain and inform in a spirit of independence. Motor Sport’s talented editorial team brings together unrivalled stories, from motor racing history, balanced by the most authoritative, outspoken and thought provoking coverage of the modern sport, including Formula 1. Motor Sport is available in print and digital formats.
We are continuing our investment in this illustrious heritage title to make Motor Sport the most attractive and relevant magazine brand available to the widest possible audience, both in the UK and on a global stage for many years to come. There was nothing quite like it in the past and that’s still the same today.
Motor Sport is now a multi platform brand via the magazine, digital editions and Website but also branching out via events, podcasts, social media , merchandise and the Hall of Fame awards.
Motor Sport is an independent company delivering outstanding content across web, print, video, social and through our owned events and our ecommerce site. We are going through an exciting period of change and we need an enthusiastic, hands on, Digital Editor to see our ambitious plans through to reality.
MotorSport magazine is looking for an enthusiastic Digital Editor.
Reporting to: Editor
The roles and responsibilities are:
- The role of Digital Editor is to manage the online, digital, video, podcast and social media products and platforms of Motor Sport to deliver the strategic and tactical goals of the company
- The role requires the ability to manage the infrastructure efficiency of the digital products & platforms (CMS, social) on a day to day basis. Implementing SEO best practice and content management optimization to deliver organic audience growth
- The role requires management and input into product development, UX testing and information architecture to ensure the smooth running of all digital products
- Using industry knowledge, analytics and research, the role requires the ability to create content plans that engage with users, working collaboratively with all stakeholders, (marketing / events, editorial and commercial), to ensure digital contributes to achieving our audience and commercial goals
- The role requires the setting and provision of clear metrics and regular reporting on agreed KPIs to ensure digital performance and spend are optimized to achieve goals within budgetary levels
- The role requires the ability to work closely with the commercial department to generate innovative ideas and solutions for our advertising clients
- Able to manage and develop the Content Management System. A good working knowledge of Drupal and WordPress is essential
- Ability to write engaging content for a digital audience is key. A broad knowledge of motor racing, current and historic, from F1 to Le Mans to Moto GP would be advantageous
- Experience of managing digital content workflow processes from working with freelance writers and commissioning copy through to publishing content on all platforms
- Experience of commissioning and hosting podcasts would be advantageous. As would experience of video content creation and cross platform distribution
- In-depth knowledge of digital best practice, industry trends and evolving functionality that can be used to improve the user experience and commercial opportunities
- Knowledge and implication of web analytics, ability to surface, understand, and action what the numbers say
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and understand their requirements for the business while championing digital
- Ability to manage budgets to agreed levels to deliver cost savings where possible and improve profitability
- Ability to understand and contribute to the wider strategic goals of the business
Apply by completing the application form below.