FlightGlobal, Online Content Manager
Managing FlightGlobal’s free-to-air aviation website.
FlightGlobal is seeking a London-based web expert to manage our online content and audience engagement and create a more dynamic flightglobal.com.
The mission will be to drive user-engagement and traffic to the site by identifying appropriate content and media, and devising and implementing a multi-media strategy.
The ideal candidate should have multi-media experience working in a web environment with a variety of content and the ability to create as well as repurpose content. Knowledge of the aviation industry would be helpful but is not essential.
Working with the wider FlightGlobal editorial team, the individual will need to manage copyflow to the free-to-air site, ensuring a good mix of content, volume and story types. This will require the use of Episerver software to create and edit online news pages.
At FlightGlobal we are proud. Proud of our heritage, since 1909, and proud of the future business we are building together. Our people are at the centre of who we are. Whatever your background you are welcome. We are looking for talented and dynamic team players who focus on delivering successful outcomes.
We are a business where three out of our seven leaders are women, over 20 languages are spoken, where some leaders have grey hair and some have purple. Where our sales teams take time out to support local schools and our product teams champion local women back into the workplace.
Some things you might not know about FlightGlobal:
- FlightGlobal supplies data to market leading aviation and aerospace companies you use every day – our data powers the aviation industry and supports seamless travel for millions worldwide
- FlightGlobal has 10 offices worldwide and we celebrate our global diversity through events and networks throughout the year
- A strategic partner of IATA, the association of world airlines, we have also been recognised as the Aircraft Appraiser of the Year, an Aviation 100 Award, five times in the last six years
- One of our offices is on a runway and we have our own pub, The Goose
- FlightGlobal is part of RBI, which is part of RELX, a FTSE 100 traded company (which was just named by Forbes as one of the world’s most innovative companies)
- Our benefits stand out (they even include two days a year for you to dedicate to the charitable activity of your choice)
- FlightGlobal and RBI are founding members of the Tech Talent Charter, committed to increasing the ratio of women and under-represented groups working in technology
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Identify stories and content that drive traffic and/or contribute to website value proposition
- Highlight stories on site to drive traffic
- Manage content flow and populate news and channel pages
- Publish Flight International and Airline Business packages, special reports
- Publish premium news and analysis articles as required
- Originate web-specific content (writing, editing images and media, videography etc)
- Analyse traffic trends and compile data reports
- Create, implement and manage plan to promote stories through social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc)
- Manage website operations at air shows (content, social media etc)
- Source, size and suitable images and videos
- Liaison with sales team on advertorial channel content
Key Skills Required:
- Knowledge and understanding of web operations, SEO and Meta Tagging principles
- Ability to use relevant software (eg Adobe Analytics, Photoshop, Episerver, xls)
- Content creation (writing, editing etc)
- Ability to manipulate and interpret SEO metric data
- Web content editing and/or managing
- Content creation (writing, editing etc)
- Knowledge of the aviation industry helpful but not essential
Click 'Apply' now.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide.
Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- RBI pays competitive salaries and has a comprehensive set of benefits.