The Pink House, Digital & Social Media Writer
The multi-award-winning interiors and lifestyle blog The Pink House / @pinkhouseliving (Amara Interior Blog Awards “Best Written Blog”) is expanding, and we’re looking for a brilliant, passionate digital writer and social media whiz to join the team building a brand “for people cheating on fashion with furniture”.
As well as being a kick-ass writer, the ideal candidate will be tech-savvy with an interest in interiors, homes and lifestyle. You’ll be bursting with ideas for fresh, fun, informative features, social media posts and thoughts on how to expand The Pink House brand. A flair for interiors styling/design and/or photography is definitely a bonus. Beige-addicts and pink-haters need not apply!
You will combine working remotely with collaborative team sessions at Shoreditch House/Soho House and occasionally assist on photoshoots at The Pink House founder Emily’s home in Forest Hill, SE23. You may also be asked to represent the brand outside the regular 9-to-5 by attending relevant events including press previews, PR meetings and showcases.
You’ll be proactive, hard-working and well organised, with excellent spelling, grammar and communication skills. No “sneak peaks” in these parts.
This is initially a contract role but with scope for it to become a permanent position for the right candidate as The Pink House moves into new areas.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To write original, witty and informative interiors and lifestyle editorial content for The Pink House blog in the brand’s tone of voice
- To write engaging, entertaining on-brief sponsored blog and social media content in The Pink House’s tone of voice
- To research appropriate imagery to accompany the posts
- To optimise the running of The Pink House’s Squarespace blog to ensure readers are easily able to navigate the site and sign up to the newsletter
- To write and distribute a weekly newsletter to The Pink House’s database using MailChimp
- To write, schedule and manage and schedule many of The Pink House’s editorial and sponsored social media posts including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram/IGTV
- To use analytic tools to create reports for clients where necessary
- To use Photoshop to edit unique imagery for the appropriate channel/usage
- To create and edit basic videos for use on YouTube and social media
- To represent the brand, where appropriate, attending relevant events, including press previews, PR meetings and showcases
- To assist on photoshoots and at events and on projects as required, gathering content and generally helping out as needed
- To come up with clever creative solutions for optimising The Pink House’s unique photo and video content across its channels
- To be flexible, open-minded and keen to get stuck in to whatever is happening – no two days at The Pink House are the same!
Please complete the application form below to submit your CV and the below:
- Three examples of your published work
- Three ideas for blog posts you’ve love to write for The Pink House, including headings, first paragraphs and ideas for imagery
- Written-out examples of a Facebook post and Tweet you think would be perfect for the brand
Apply for The Pink House, Digital & Social Media Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly