chinadialogue, Multimedia Editor
chinadialogue seeks a Multimedia Editor to join its London office.
The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in climate change and environmental issues, China and international affairs. They would be proactive, highly organised and self-motivated, with relevant professional experience in multimedia journalism with excellent writing, editing and verbal communications skills, an aptitude for digital technologies and design, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in their work.
chinadialogue (chinadialogue.net) has a twelve-year track record of disseminating high-quality information and promoting communication on environment and climate change in both Chinese and English.
We provide a space for open discussion, with the aim of informing and educating international and Chinese readers, and contributing to building equitable and constructive solutions to global environmental problems.
chinadialogue researches, writes, commissions, edits and publishes bilingual high-quality online articles, reports, and book reviews on the environment and climate change.
chinadialogue also works closely with its network of sister websites – chinadialogue ocean, The Third Pole, India Climate Dialogue and Diálogo Chino – cross-publishing relevant material in order to better serve our readerships.
In the coming years, we plan to deepen these relationships, drawing on the resources we have established over the past decade to generate new synergies in content, from grassroots reporting to high-level analysis in a truly global dialogue.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work for chinadialogue as a key part of its London-based editorial team.
- experience commissioning multimedia content or working in multimedia formats
- excellent writing and editing skills
- proven interest in and knowledge of environment and climate-change issues
- experience in web publishing, social media and/or digital tools
- strong project management and problem-solving skills
- flexibility and ability to multi-task, verbal and cross-cultural communications skills
- ability to work independently
- native-level English language skills
- interest in or knowledge of China and international affairs;
- Chinese language skills.
- working closely with the London editorial team to research, commission, plan and coordinate the delivery of multimedia articles within key editorial projects;
- editing articles;
- liaising with chinadialogue editorial teams in Beijing, Delhi and Latin America on joint editorial projects and themes of mutual interest;
- coordinating translation of content and editing translated content;
- writing and researching articles;
- managing and tracking copy flow;
- working with the Production Manager to prepare content for online publication;
- uploading content to the CMS;
- promoting content via social media and other publishing platforms.
You may be asked to perform other duties as required by other members of the editorial team from time to time.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below to send a CV with references, covering letter, 2-3 examples of recent, relevant work, at least one of which should contain multimedia content, and two multimedia article pitches.
Applications should be submitted in English.
For information about how we handle your data, please read our privacy notice.
Application deadline: 2 January 2019.
Start time: As soon as possible.