Mirror Online, Deputy News Editor
Are you ready to take the next step up the journalism career ladder to join the reporting team and news desk of one of the UK's biggest news websites?
Mirror.co.uk are looking for an Assistant News Editor to join our dynamic team.
You will be responsible for taking the lead on major stories and inspiring and leading a large team of reporters. You will have a major role in shaping and setting the news agenda read by millions around the world every day. We are looking for an experienced versatile journalist who can write stories when required but also cover on the news desk.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Take charge and lead coverage on major breaking news stories both domestic and foreign
- Find, write and develop stories that will appeal to a UK and global web audience
- Break exclusives to ensure Mirror Online stays a step ahead of our rivals
- Sub-edit and manage copy to ensure it is accurate and attention grabbing
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video
- Be willing to work a mixture of day and evening shifts, with some weekend work
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 18 months senior experience at a national or regional title
- First rate communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proven love of news and a flair for writing an attention grabbing web-friendly headline
- Excellent web and social media skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories
- Exceptional media law knowledge
- A flexible approach to shift work - this role will involve days, nights and weekends
Click 'Apply' now.
In addition to competitive salaries, 33 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.