Telegraph Media Group, Senior Social Media Editor - Lifestyle
The Telegraph’s Social Media Editors work to maximise the potential of the stories we tell using social media, combining excellent social media and journalistic skills.
In this role, you'll focus on our wide-ranging Lifestyle content to enhance and create stories across a wide variety of social media platforms and ensure that these are distributed most effectively on our social channels.
- Developing the social media strategy for the Telegraph’s lifestyle accounts - particularly on Instagram.
- Being part of the editorial team in the initial planning stages so that social media can be factored in with the editorial at the earliest stage.
- Creating written, graphic and video content to be distributed on social media channels.
- Attending daily editorial conferences and weekly planning meetings to develop ideas and content plans with other desks.
- Helping the team promote the use of social media across the newsroom, working closely with journalists to help develop ideas and implement strategies.
- Keeping on top of the latest digital social innovations, launches, up-and-coming influencers and new franchises in all these areas.
- Growing and building communities in lifestyle.
- Spotting future opportunities and growth areas in terms of social media and topics / issues / subjects that could be covered.
Essential skills required for the role
- Has worked in a social media role with a good understanding of content production.
- Strong knowledge of social media (particularly Instagram) and has creative storytelling ideas to enhance our stories.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, initiative and creativity.
- The ability to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent and clear communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintain flawless accuracy.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience working with social video and/or Photoshop.
- Experience working on Instagram Stories or Snapchat.
- On the pulse of who the latest influencers are, in all areas from fashion, beauty, lifestyle, celebrity, family, fitness and food.
Click 'Apply' now.