Pub Ocean, Editorial Assistant - Full Time
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for a talented editorial assistant to work with Pub Ocean, one of the fastest-growing publishers on the internet.
Over the past six months, Pub Ocean’s leading site, Scribol.com, has had more than 68 million visits, making it one of the top-250 websites in the U.S., according to Alexa.com,
The successful candidate will assist with Pub Ocean’s editorial production across all levels – and learn a massive amount in the process. Have a look at our site; a degree of cultural fit is important for this role.
The role is full time and based in Bristol.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- Highly organised and with a strong degree of common sense
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Focused on accuracy and extremely thorough in approach to administrative tasks
- Ability to liaise skillfully with a range of staff, freelancers and new hires
- Ability to assist with planning and budgeting
- Ability to cope with deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Good creative writing skills and ability to accurately put facts into one’s own words
- Good sub-editing skills, inclusive of fact-checking, copy-editing and proofreading
- Ability to source article ideas and help with briefing writers and shaping listicles
- Some knowledge of or adaptability to the use of WordPress and basic HTML
- Familiarity with Excel/Google spreadsheets
- Ideally NCTJ qualified (or with equivalent experience)
- Preferably some picture research skills and knowledge of image editing tools
The Person We’re Looking For
- At Pub Ocean, we value people who have great ideas and who relish a challenge. We value loyalty and hard work, but we also welcome a sense of humour and people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- You’re an established or aspiring editorial assistant who’s passionate about helping to produce engaging content for a millennial audience.
- You’re self-motivated, solutions-driven and a stickler for quality. You have a “can-do” attitude.
- You’re productive and work fast, but this is coupled with meticulousness, good editorial sense and commercial nous.
- You have a high degree of personal organisation and are able to plan ahead and manage your time to meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re passionate about the latest developments in online publishing in general and viral content production in particular.
- You’re a fast learner and are open to constructive criticism.
- You work well within a team.
Apply by completing the application form below.
When applying, if possible, please include up to 3 professionally published pieces of content you have written that you think would be relevant to this role.
About Pub Ocean
Pub Ocean’s online magazine’s cover an awesome mix of the most exciting, bizarre and fascinating news on the planet.
Our aim is to entertain and inform readers with extraordinary and compelling things they’ve never seen before. How? Through content that will surprise and inspire while offering a unique take on what’s going on in the world. In short, we want to make people go “wow!” – and learn something, too.